1. My life is likely to last 10-15 years. Any separation from you is likely to be painful.
2. Give me time to understand what you want of me.
3. Place your trust in me. It is
crucial for my well-being.
4. Don't be angry with me for long and don't lock me up as punishment. You have your work, your friends, your
entertainment, but I have only you.
5. Talk to me. Even if I don't understand your words, I do understand your voice when speaking to me.
6. Be aware that however you treat me, I will never forget it.
7. Before you hit me, before you strike me, remember
that I could hurt you, and yet, I choose not to bite you.
8. Before you scold me for being lazy or uncooperative,
ask yourself if something might be bothering me.
Perhaps I'm not getting the right food, I have been
in the sun too long, or my heart might be getting old or weak.
9. Please take care of me when I grow old. You too,
will grow old.
10. On the ultimate difficult journey, go with me
please. Never say you can't bear to watch. Don't
make me face this alone. Everything is easier for me
if you are there, because I love you so. ALWAYS!
Reply posted by FA user WetCoyote
A reply to my pet:
1. Separation from you pains me as well. I hate the fact I have to work and go away for long periods of time. The longer I am away, the more I worry about you and miss you too. I am lucky I have a roomate that loves you almost as much, but there have been times the roomate has gone, and what meant you would be alone for more than a half day turned into a day and a half. I sped home risking tickets to get back and make sure you were safe. I ran into the house to be pounced by you, raining kisses on me, and I laid on the floor with you for hours, hoping to try to at least make up for being gone. And you forgave me as best as I could tell, but it still pains me.
2. I do my best. You seem patient to understand me, so its only fair.
3. You trust me with your well being, I trust you with every fiber of myself. Don't cut yourself short. I know you cannot express this in anyway other than you know, but I just feel it. I just wish I could know you know it. Deep down, I think you do in your own doggy way.
4. I don't dicipline you harshly, I never could. I try to understand you and your instincts and work inside that realm. With that saidm, there is things you need to understand are right and not right. You must understand whos the Alpha, but I give you room to learn it without undue stress, and love thrown in.
5. Every moment I am around you I do, and I listen good too.
6. Your never waving love and devotion show to me I am doing right as best I can. I have my own ghosts, but you know I love you and never hurt you, and nothing else affects that, ever.
7. I have never hurt nor hit you. I could never. I do know you could hurt back, but its never been an issue.
8/9. I can understand your doggy moods pretty well. You look down or sad or sleepy, I do nothing more than hug and nuzzle you back, Or an easy gentle scritch or slow head to tail stroke - doing my human best to convey to you you mean a lot to me and I am here for you. Your not the first. I have lost a few over my lifespans, and they always hurt, but I have always did my best to be in your headspace when I sensed something wrong. I still cry sometimes thinking about those I have lost, and wonder why I move on with yet another I know I will prolly loose again before its my time, but one look in your eyes, or your actions and personality, or learning something new from you, pulls me back to the fact your whom you are, and I love you no less.
10. I have been there for all of them, and I will be there none less for you. That is my promise.